George's Bottom Line
Reporting and Analysis from Anchor of Good Morning America and ABC News Chief Political Correspondent
George Stephanopoulos is anchor of ABC's "Good Morning America." He is also the network's chief political correspondent, reporting on political and policy stories for all ABC News broadcasts and platforms.
- Top U.S. Official: Moammar Gadhafi Regime 'Absolutely' Past Tipping Point
- Donald Trump Handicaps the 2012 Republican Field
- Donald Trump Would 'Put Country First' and Pay More Taxes
- Donald Trump Still Flirting with a 3rd Party Run?
- Transcript: My Interview With Donald Trump, Part I
- Transcript: My Interview With Donald Trump, Part 2
- Donald Trump: Rick Perry Is an 'Impressive Guy'
- Christine O'Donnell on Michele Bachmann Newsweek Cover: 'Absolutely' Sexist
- David Axelrod: Rick Perry Has a ‘Record of Decimation’
- Matt Dowd: Sarah Palin's Trip to Iowa About Attention, Not Running for President
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg: 'We Have to Get Behind the President'
- S&P: No Regrets on Downgrade
- Exclusive With Secretary Tim Geithner: 'Spectacle' in D.C. Damaged Economy; Hasn't Decided to Leave Treasury Yet
- Full Transcript: My Interview With Secretary Tim Geithner
- Sec. Geithner on Debt Deal: Don't Know If We Will Avoid Downgrade
- White House 'Confident' Debt Deal Will Pass
- What a Day: Debt Ceiling Negotiations
- ABC News' Special Report: President Obama on Debt Ceiling Negotiations
- Sen. Durbin 'Disappointed' in Status of Debt Talks
- White House Chief of Staff on Debt Ceiling: No Veto Threat But GOP Can't Worry About 'Feelings'
- 2010 Elections
- 2012 Elections
- Barack Obama
- Capitol Hill
- Caught My Eye
- Colbert Report
- Current Affairs
- Daily Show
- Democrats Vote 2008
- Financial Bailout
- George Personal
- George W. Bush
- Health Care
- Hillary Clinton
- Joe Biden
- John McCain
- Lou Dobbs
- Nobel Prize
- North Korea
- Question of the Day
- Republicans Vote 2008
- Sarah Palin
- Supreme Court
- Tea Party
- Ted Kennedy
- The Economy
- This Week
- This Week with George Stephanopoulos
- What I'm Reading
- White House
- World News
Last night President Obama said Moammar Gadhafi's regime is at a "tipping point." And this morning the top U.S. diplomat on the ground went even further, telling me the 42-year rule is "absolutely" past the tipping point. “What’s clear is...
Continue reading "Top U.S. Official: Moammar Gadhafi Regime 'Absolutely' Past Tipping Point"
Donald Trump isn’t a candidate – and he isn’t in a hurry to become one – but he certainly wants to play a role in the 2012 presidential election. Here’s what Trump thinks of the 2012 contenders and those Republicans...
Continue reading "Donald Trump Handicaps the 2012 Republican Field"
Donald Trump backed up fellow billionaire Warren Buffett’s op-ed in the New York Times and said he’d be willing to pay more in taxes – but he doesn’t think Wall Street would go along with it. “I would be willing...
Continue reading "Donald Trump Would 'Put Country First' and Pay More Taxes"
That’s what the business tycoon told me yesterday when we sat down at Trump Towers. But there are a few conditions that need to be met in order for him to make a 2012 bid. “If the economy continues to...
Continue reading "Donald Trump Still Flirting with a 3rd Party Run?"
I sat down with real estate mogul Donald Trump yesterday. Here is the first part of the transcript of the interview: GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Mr. Trump, thank you for joining us again. DONALD TRUMP: Thank you. GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: So we have...
Continue reading "Transcript: My Interview With Donald Trump, Part I"
I sat down with real estate mogul Donald Trump yesterday. Here is the second and final part of the transcript of the interview: GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Let's talk about taxes. Warren Buffet made another splash with his op-ed in the New...
Continue reading "Transcript: My Interview With Donald Trump, Part 2"
That's what Donald Trump told me this afternoon when I asked him if he would support the latest candidate to enter the 2012 race – Texas Governor Rick Perry. “Well, I think he's a very impressive guy. I've spoken to...
Continue reading "Donald Trump: Rick Perry Is an 'Impressive Guy'"
The picture of Michele Bachmann on the cover of Newsweek was “absolutely” sexist, the former GOP nominee for the 2010 Delaware Senate seat told me. Christine O’Donnell said she speaks from experience when she says women candidates –mainly Republican women...
Continue reading "Christine O'Donnell on Michele Bachmann Newsweek Cover: 'Absolutely' Sexist"
That’s what the Obama campaign’s top political strategist told me this morning when I asked him about the latest 2012 candidate, Rick Perry. The Texas Governor made it clear his campaign will focus on his state’s record of job growth...
Continue reading "David Axelrod: Rick Perry Has a ‘Record of Decimation’"
I spoke to Matt Dowd on "GMA" this morning. Despite a last minute trip to Iowa the same week as a debate and the Ames straw poll, he still doesn’t think Sarah Palin is running for president in 2012. “I...
Continue reading "Matt Dowd: Sarah Palin's Trip to Iowa About Attention, Not Running for President"
- Talking Points Memo
- ABC News' The Note
- Jake Tapper's Political Punch
- ABC News' The Numbers
- Mark Halperin's The Page
- The American Prospect
- The Chicago Sun-Times -- Lynn Sweet
- The Huffington Post -- Politics
- Drudge Report
- FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right
- National Review -- The Corner
- New York Times -- David Brooks
- The New York Times -- The Caucus
- The New Majority
- Paul Krugman -- The Conscience of a Liberal
- Politico -- Ben Smith
- Politico -- Mike Allen’s Playbook
- Powerline Blog
- Real Clear Politics
- The Washington Post -- The Fix
- Los Angeles Times - Top of the Ticket